Job Type: Full-time
– 8-hour shift
Lighthouse Nursing Care Center is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Admissions and Marketing team in the role of Clinical Liaison. The ideal candidate will be an experienced LPN with a demonstrated commitment to quality patient and resident care.
In this challenging and rewarding position, the primary purpose of the Clinical Liaison is to coordinate the referral and admissions process, including completing medical and social assessments on referrals and identifying appropriate residents and patients for admission and placement within our skilled nursing facility. Strong multi-tasking, organizational and communication skills are required. This position is primarily Monday – Friday but requires on-call and weekend rotation.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of admission process including tours, pre-admission paperwork, admission paperwork, insurance verification, and coordinate transition to skilled nursing facility.
- Lead and coordinate the referral process by collaborating with discharging/admitting contacts for smooth transition to skilled nursing facility including utilization management of authorizations.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including events and educational programs and building relationships with facility and referral sources.
- Assist with the development and achievement of census mix and length of stay.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve customer service experience, enhance workflow, and improve the referral and admissions process.
- Conduct patient assessments in a timely manner after a referral is received by hospital, case manager, social worker, physician, or family member.
Education and Experience:
- Licensed LPN in the State of MA.
- 2+ years’ experience in long term care and/or admissions/marketing.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Prior experience w/insurance company, private case management company or HMO.
- Working knowledge of health care setting, principles of Medicare/Medicaid regulations and reimbursement, nursing home regulations are necessary to be successful.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities as cited above.
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Paid time off
If you are looking to join an amazing team of professionals where staff are APPRECIATED and you can utilize your knowledge and skills to make a difference, please apply today!
Lighthouse Nursing Care Center is an equal opportunity employer.